It’s costing the taxpayers about $183 million a year for security for the First Lady to live in in New York rather than the White House so that the First Brat can continue to attend his fancy private school in Manhattan.
But the government can’t afford $142 million a year to support the National Endowment for the Arts.
Providing security for the First Family’s lavish lifestyle, including frequent trips to the gilded digs in Palm Beach, will cost the taxpayers a billion dollars over the next four years— eight times what it cost to provide such security for the Obamas.
But the government can’t afford $200 million in grants to states to provide Meals on Wheels for senior citizens.
Trumpcare will leave 24 million of the neediest Americans without access to health care.
Soon there will be no public schools in Amerika. Your kids will be given vouchers to pay to attend charter schools where they’ll be given daily doses of religious brainwashing, but no exposure to the work of Howard Zinn, Caesar Chavez or Sinclair Lewis.
This is a country that can afford an extra $58 billion for superfluous weapons of war and mass destruction . . .
. . . by cutting $6.2 billion from funding for housing and urban development . . .
. . .$2.4 billion from public transportation (while allowing private cars to spew more harmful emissions into the atmosphere). . .
. . .$12.6 billion from health and human services, eliminating federal aid to the largest provider of health care for the nation’s poor women. . .
. . .$9 billion from education . . . .
. . .and totally eliminating the agency that sees to it that we have safe water to drink, clean air to breathe and won’t be poisoned by the food we eat.
Besides the National Endowment for the Arts, the following programs will be eliminated:
• The 21st Century Community Learning Centers program, which supports before- and after-school programs and summer programs
• Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy, which funds research including clean energy
• African Development Foundation
• Appalachian Regional Commission
• Chemical Safety Board
• Community Development Block Grant, which in part funds Meals on Wheels
• Community Development Financial Institutions Fund grants, under Treasury
• Community Services Block Grant, under HHS
• Corporation for National and Community Service
• Corporation for Public Broadcasting
• Delta Regional Authority
• Denali Commission
• Economic Development Administration
• Essential Air Service program
• Global Climate Change Initiative
• Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Chesapeake Bay funding, and other regional programs under EPA.
• HOME Investment Partnerships Program, Choice Neighborhoods, and the Self-help Homeownership Opportunity Program, all under HUD
• Institute of Museum and Library Services
• Inter-American Foundation
• US Trade and Development Agency
• Legal Services Corporation
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
• McGovern-Dole International Food for Education program
• Minority Business Development Agency, under Commerce
• National Endowment for the Humanities
• NASA's Office of Education
• Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
• Northern Border Regional Commission
• Overseas Private Investment Corporation
• State Energy Program
• Supporting Effective Instruction State Grants program, the second-largest program feds have used to influence local education
• TIGER transportation grants
• United States Institute of Peace
• United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
• Weatherization Assistance Program
• Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
These are programs that actually help people. They don’t make oligarchs richer, corporations more profitable or remove natural resources leaving only pollution behind. They actually help people.
No wonder there’s no place for them in Trumpistan.